The Hounds of Boxerville

Thomas and I were invited by Mark and Sue Pepe to join a group of letterboxers for a Pinecone Adventure to Dartmoor. This is the third Pinecone Adventure to the Moors and our first. We are so incredibly happy and honored to be traveling with this group to the birthplace of letterboxing. Our trip takes place from August 28 - September 11, 2014. This blog will chronicle the trip as well as activities before and after the trip.

Pinecone Adventures Returns to the Moor with The Hounds of Boxerville.

The road in front of us grew bleaker and wilder over huge russet and olive slopes, sprinkled with giant boulders. Now and then we passed a moorland cottage, walled and roofed with stone, with no creeper to break its harsh outline.
- from The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Getting Back into a Normal Routine


We have been home a couple of weeks now and our normal routine has kicked in. I am still working on things from the trip and trying to organize stuff. I have spent quite a few hours going through all the photos I took on the trip but I am still not totally finished with that project. I do want to organize all the photos and then pick out a good representation of the trip and create a slideshow. I also finished going through my logbook and I got all the stamp images I received logged in. I also updated my counts and spreadsheets with my finds. I have a pile of items that I need to decide how I want to store or save them. There are postcards, patches, pins, brochures, pictures, stamp images, receipts and other papers that are just sitting there waiting to be dealt with. I also have some ideas and things I want to do with my logbook. There are things I want to add and I would like to rearrange it so it is in a better order.

We paid for most of the trip before we left so we didn't have that much to worry about when we got home. But I am happy to say that the entire trip is now paid for and we did well. It was even a little less than we had expected. I am glad to have all of the financial things done. The only real thing that we are working on is the problem with the van. When we returned the vans they noticed a dent on the front left bumper of the van that hadn't been noted on the pick up form. So the company decided to charge Thomas £1500. We immediately called our credit card company to file a dispute. The only problem was that it was a Saturday and they couldn't really do anything then and also the charge hadn't actually been posted to our account. They told us to call when we got home. And that is what we did. They gave us lots of instructions and they told us they would work on it and get back to us. In the meantime they told us not to pay that charge until everything was handled. So far we haven't heard anything and we are still waiting. Our credit card company has always been good with handling these things so I think it will all work out.

The other thing I have done since we have been home is keep up with the Yahoo! Talk List. I don't post much but I have made sure to read what is being posted. And I have kept Mark P. informed about the van situation. I really enjoyed the trip and I am glad I have kept up with this blog - it will be a great reminder of our visit to the Moors.

No comments :